Research has shown that the first five years of a child’s life are critical in terms of personal development and educational growth.
At Rise to the Top Preschool, we take our children’s natural curiosity and focus on the areas of reading math, language, art, music, science, social studies, and cognitive thinking skills in an enjoyable and creative environment. We ensure that our children are immersed in a language-based environment to reassure that each child becomes proficient in all areas of development. An assessment will be conducted by a board-certified behavior analyst (BCBA) at the onset of the child’s enrollment to carefully assess his/her strengths and challenges. Of equal importance are the physical, social/emotional, and creative development of each child. Rise to the Top Preschool’s curriculum ensures that each child develops the skills and foundation needed for age-appropriate social skills and social exchanges.
Our teachers are provided with monthly themes and focuses. Using the curriculum themes, each teacher and BCBA designs individualized lesson plans unique to each student. Each lesson plan is created to align with the Creative Curriculum Gold Teaching Standard and Handwriting Without Tears Objectives. Our curriculum includes teacher instructed activities through a hands-on activity and exploration through learning and playing in each learning center of the classroom setting. We integrate and implement various communication methods (visual cueing strategies, functional communication, etc.) our main focus will include Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS).
The Rise to the Top Curriculum
- Challenges children appropriately through their developmental ages and stages.
- Offers children an opportunity to maximize their abilities to succeed.
- Teaches children to be independent learners and thinkers.
- Nurture children’s natural inquisitiveness as they develop their independence, self-confidence, social and cognitive skills.
- Focuses on literacy skills in all areas of content; Art, Math, Science.
- Lil Sluggers
- Spanish Lessons
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy